This document provides installation instructions for cPanel. If these instructions do not work within the enviroment, RapidSSL recommends contacting an organization that supports cPanel.
Step 1: Download the RapidSSL certificate
- Download RapidSSL Certificate. Please select "Other" / "X.509" for the server platform when downloading.
Step 2: Install the RapidSSL certificate
- Login to Control Panel.
- Click on SSL / TLS Manager.
- Click "Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates" link listed under "Certificates (CRT)".
- Paste the CSR submitted with the order into Certificate Signing Request (CSR) section above.
- When the page loads, click the Browse button and locate the SSL certificate file or paste the text of the certificate in the Upload a New Certificate text box.
- Click on the Upload button.
- Click the Go Back link at the bottom of the page to return to SSL/TLS Manger.
Step 4: Activate SSL\TLS on the Web Site (HTTPS)
NOTE: This step must be completed before applying the certificate to the site.
- Click SSL/TLS Manager > select Setup a SSL certificate to work with your site
NOTE: If this option is not available, the ISP/Host may have disabled it and they will need to be contacted to complete the certificate setup.
- Under Install/Update a SSL Host, select the domain from the Domain drop down list.
The system will attempt to Fetch the Server Certificate and Private key.
- In the box labeled Certificate (CRT) check the certificate that has been fetched and confirm it matches the certificate that was downloaded in Step 2. If it does not match, remove the fetched certificate and replace it with the correct one.
- In the box labeled CA Bundle, paste the contents of the Intermediate CA certificate file downloaded in Step 1 (intermediate_ca.txt).
- Click on Install Certificate.
- Once all the fields are populated click "Install Certificate". A message will be displayed indicating that the certificate was successfully installed. If an error is the host may need to contacted for additional support.
- Verify the installation of the certificate chain using our RapidSSL CryptoReport
For additional information please refer to Cpanel 11 Documentation.