This document provide installation instructions for Oracle Wallet Manager. If you are not able to perform the steps on the server, RapidSSL recommends to contact Oracle.
To install an SSL certificate for Oracle Wallet Manager, follow these steps:
Step 1. Download RapidSSL Root and Intermediate CA Certificate
1. Download the Root CA certificate for your SSL product from this link: SO20329
2. Copy and paste the file on a Notepad
3. Save the file as Root.txt
4. Download the Intermediate CA certificate from this link: AR1548
5. Under Separate Intermediate CAs (x.509) column downlaod both the Primary
and Secondary Intermediate CA certificates based on your SSL certificate product.
6. Copy and paste both files on a separate Notepad
7. Save the files respectively primary.txt and secondary.txt
Step 2. Import the Root and Intermediate CA Certificates
NOTE: You must add all trusted certificates in the certificate chain of a user certificate
before adding a user certificate, or the command to add the user certificate will fail.
1. Open Oracle Wallet Manager
2. Select Operations > Import Trusted Certificate
3. Import the Root CA certificate
4. Select Paste the Certificate
5. Click OK
6. Paste the certificate into the text box
7. Click OK
8. A message at the bottom of the window confirms that the trusted certificate was successfully installed.
9. Save changes to the Wallet after importing the Trusted Root Certificate and before closing the Wallet.
10. Repeat these steps to import as well the Primary and after that
the Secondary Intermediate CA certificate.
Step 3. Obtain the SSL Certificate
1. The RapidSSL certificate will be sent by email.
2. Copy the certificate imbedded in the body of the email and paste it into a text file
using Vi or Notepad.
The text file should look like:
3. Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and
that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
NOTE: The certificate can be also downloaded from the RapidSSL User Portal by
following the steps from this link: SO16222
Please select X.509 as a certificate format and copy only the End Entity Certificate.
4. Save the certificate with a .txt or .cer extension.
Step 4. Import the SSL Certificate
1. From the Operations menu, click Import User Certificate.
The Import Certificate dialog box appears.
2. Click Paste the certificate, and then click OK.
3. Another Import Certificate dialog box appears with the following message:
"Please provide a base64 format certificate and paste it below.
Paste the certificate into the dialog box, and choose OK."
4. Click OK.
5. When this is completed a message at the bottom of the window confirms that the
certificate was successfully installed.
6. The Oracle Wallet Manager main window reappears, and the status of the
corresponding entry in the left panel subtree changes to Ready.
7. Verify the certificate installation using the RapidSSL Installation Checker
For more information, visit the following Oracle Web site