This document provides instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Novell ConsoleOne. If this document can not be used on the server, RapidSSL recommends that a company that supports Novell ConsoleOne be contacted.
NOTE: All certificates issued after 1/1/2016 must be issued as SHA-256 with a 2048 bit key size.
To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Novell ConsoleOne, please perform the following steps:
1. Start ConsoleOne
2. Right-click the container object containing the server running your cryptography-enabled applications
3. Click New > Object
4. Click the Security tab > Certificates
5. From the list box in the New Objects dialog box, double-click NDSPKI:Key Material
6. This opens the Create a Server Certificate dialog box
NOTE: For specific information on the dialog box or any of the wizard pages, click Help.
7. In the dialog box, select the corresponding server name.
8. For Creation Type, select Custom > Next > External Certificate Authority > Next.
9. On RSA key size, select 2048 bits and allow private key to be exported > Next.
NOTE: Allow private key to be exported must be selected to export the certificate as a PKCS#12 file.
10. On certificate parameters, ensure .CN=CommonName.O=OrganizationName.L=City.S=State
(fully spelled out).C=Country(two-country code)
- Country Name (C): Use the two-letter code without punctuation for country, for example: US
- State or Province (S): Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the state or province name, for example: Oregon
- Locality or City (L): The Locality field is the city or town name, for example: Eugene
- Organization (O): If your company or department has an &, @, or any other symbol using the
shift key in its name, you must spell out the symbol or omit it to enroll, for example:
XY & Z Corporation would be XYZ Corportation or XY and Z Corportation.
- Organizational Unit (OU): This field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request.
- Common Name (CN): The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name. Example www.bbtest.net
11. If SHA-256 is available, select SHA-256, otherwise select SHA1 for algorithm > Next > Finish.
12. Select the File in Base64 format > Save.
Once the certificate has been issued, refer to this link for installation instructions.