This document was created to assist with the request generation for Office Communications Server 2007. If this document can not be used within the environment, RapidSSL recommends contacting Microsoft.
- Go to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Office Communications Server 2007
- Expand the items in the snap-in until you get to the server name where the CSR should be generated.
- Right-click on the server name and select Certificates. Click Next to get past the welcome screen.
- Choose to Create a new Certificate and click Next.
- Choose to Prepare the request now, but send it later and click Next
- Under Name enter name for your certificate. This name is simply a label for the certificate, so you can name it whatever you like such as the server name or the pool FQDN.
- Clear the check to Mark cert as exportable and click Next.
- For Organization enter the legal company name including.
- For Organizational Unit, enter the department such as Accounting or Engineering and click Next.
- For Subject Name enter the exact Fully Qualified Domain Name of the pool. Select the option to Automatically add local computer name and click Next.
- Enter the Country, State/Province, and City details for where the organization is headquartered and click Next.
- Choose a file name and location to save your new Certificate Request (CSR). The file will be a text file, so it should be given a .txt extension. Click Save.
- Review the settings and finish the certificate wizard. This will save the CSR file to the location you entered above.
For more information, see Microsoft's official Office Communications Server documentation, located at :