Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for your Web site. When you have completed this process, you will have a CSR ready to submit to RapidSSL.com in order to be generated into a SSL Security Certificate.
- Start the MKKF utility by typing mkkf at the command prompt. The system displays a menu page.
Note: The MKKF utility places the keyring file in the current directory unless otherwise specified.
- Select N to create a new key ring file, default file name is keyfile.kyr. After you type in a key ring file name, the next menu screen will come up.
- Select W to work with keys and certificates.
- Select C to create a new key and certificate request. Type a password when prompted.
Warning: If you lose the password, you must purchase another certificate.
- Select P to choose PKCS#10 certificate request format at the next menu.
- Select M to modify the certificate request fields at the next menu.
The following characters can not be accepted: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ * / \ ( ) ?&.
- Select R to create the key and certificate request after specifing all fields.
- After the key and certificate request are created,select X to exit from MKKF utility. Save the changes to the key-ring file.
Make a backup copy of your keyring file and store it in a safe place.
- Submit your CSR to RapidSSL.com by completing the online enrollment forms.