Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for your Web site. When you have completed this process, you will have a CSR ready to submit to RapidSSL.com in order to be generated into a SSL Security Certificate.
It is rare that cPanel customers will have direct access to generate their own CSRs and install SSL certificates. If you are a hosting customer and you use cPanel, first check with your hosting provider how you would go about requesting a CSR
WHM (Web Hosting Manager)
WebHost Manager is the control center of the CPanel / WebHost Manager package. It is used to set up and manage accounts. Use WHM to generate your CSR and install your issued certificate.
To generate an SSL certificate:
1. Click on the Generate an SSL certificate and Signing Request link in the SSL/TLS menu.
2. Enter the email address to send the certificate to in the Email Address the Cert will be sent to field.
3. Enter the domain that the domain is being created for in the Host to make cert for field.
4. Enter the administration details of the certificate in the Country, State, City, Company Name, Company Division, and Email fields.
5. Enter the password for the certificate in the Password field.
6. Click Create