Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for your Web site. When you have completed this process, you will have a CSR ready to submit to RapidSSL.com in order to be generated into a SSL Security Certificate.
- Select Server Management > Security > SSL. The Certificate Information for Server Desktop screen appears along with its associated buttons.
- To create a new self-signed certificate, click Create Self-Signed Certificate and complete the following page by entering your relevant organizational details.
- Click Create Signing Request to create a certificate signing request. The Signing Request Information for Server Desktop screen appears.
- After the fields are filled in, activate the Generate Self-Signed Certificate checkbox. This allows you to generate a self-signed certificate along with the signing request. The self-signed certificate can be used temporarily while you wait for RapidSSL.com to process your signing request.
- The certificate signing request must be submitted to RapidSSL.com via the online enrollment process.