This document provides instructions for installing SSL Certificates for Lotus Domino. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, RapidSSL recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports Lotus Domino.
Step 1: Download and Install the Root and Intermediate CA Certificate
1. Download the Root CA certificate for your SSL product from this link: SO20329
2. Save the file as root.txt
3. Download the Intermediate CA certificate for your SSL product from this link: AR1548
5. Save the file as intermediate_ca.txt
6. From the Lotus Notes client, open the Server Certificate Admin application
7. Click Install Trusted Root Certificate into Key Ring
8. Enter the name of the key ring file that will store this certificate.
NOTE: You specified this name when you created the CSR
9. Import your Trusted Root Certificate (root.txt). You may see a message that your
root certificate is already installed. If this happens, just continue to the next step.
10. Click Merge Trusted Root Certificate into Key Ring
11. Enter the password for the key ring file, and then click OK
12. Once again, choose the option to "Install Trusted Root Certificate into Key Ring".
13. You should now install your Intermediate CA Certificate file
14. Repeat the above steps to install the previously saved intermediate_ca.txt
15. Enter the password for the key ring file, and then click OK
Step 2: Obtain your SSL Certificate
1. The RapidSSL certificate will be sent by email.
2. Copy the certificate imbedded in the body of the email and paste it into a text file
using Vi or Notepad.
The text file should look like:
3. Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and
that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
NOTE: The certificate can be also downloaded from the RapidSSL User Portal by
following the steps from this link: SO16222
Please select X.509 as a certificate format and copy only the End Entity Certificate.
4. Save the file as SSLCert.txt
Step 3: Merging a server certificate into the key ring file
1. From the Lotus Notes client, open the Server Certificate Admin application
2. Click Install Certificate into Key Ring
3. Enter the file name for the key ring that will store this certificate.
NOTE: You created this key ring file when you created the Certificate Signing Request
4. Enter name of the key ring, and then import your Primary Certificate (SSLCert.txt) file
5. Click Merge Certificate into Key Ring
6. Enter the password for the server key ring file, and then click OK to approve the merge
7. Your certificate is now installed and ready to use on your IBM Domino Server.
8. To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use the RapidSSL Installation Checker
IBM Lotus Domino
For additional information, reference to IBM Lotus Domino 8 server documentation
(Click Security - SSL security - Setting up SSL)