This document provide CSR generation instructions for Plesk 10. If the steps can not be preformed on the server, RapidSSL recommends contacting a company that supports Plesk.
To generate a Certificate Signing Request using Plesk 10, perform the following steps:
- Open the Plesk Panel
- Click “Tools & Utilities”.
- Click SSL certificates option
- Click Add SSL Certificate
- Under Certificate, specify a name for the SSL certificate
- Under Settings, the Distinguished Name (DN) information for the certificate needs to be entered.
- The Bit length must be at least 2048 bits.
- Enter the Country, where the Organization has been registered
- Enter your State or Province. This field must be spelled out and cannot be abbreviated.
- Enter your Organization (company) name under which the domain name has been registered
- Enter a Department or Division of the Organization, for example: IT
- Enter the Domain name. This is also known as the Common Name of the certificate.This is typically the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) such as www.bbtest.net
- Enter an Email address.
- Click Request
- The next window should indicate that a New SSL certificate has been added.
- A Private Key and Certificate Signing Request have been created
- The SSL Certificates window should refresh and under Certificates the Certificate Name provided in Step 5 should appear.
NOTE: There are helpful icons that show the progress of the process. At this point R (CSR part supplied) and K (Private key part supplied) should be complete icons:
- Locate the CSR file by clicking on the Certificate Name
- The Change Properties of SSL Certificate window will appear. Scroll down and locate the CSR on this page and copy the contents including the -----BEGIN----- and ----END----- lines.
Note: To avoid formatting issues, it is recommended to paste the contents into a plain text editor such as Notepad.
- Paste the CSR into the certificate enrollment form when required.
Once the certificate has been issued, refer to this link for installation instructions.